Did you know??? The Leduc Curling Club is 100 Years Old.
The Leduc Curling Club was opened in 1917 so we are celebrating our 100th Year Anniversary this year.
We will be having our kick off celebration September 29, 2017 at 7pm.
Blues Restaurant (upstairs) will be hosting the kick off celebration with wonderful food and drinks. This is a great opportunity to come out and meet some of the past members that helped make the Leduc Curling Club what it is today.
Leduc Curling Club Timeline
1917 – Two sheet facility in Alexandra Park. Leduc Curling Club registered with the Northern Alberta Curling Association.
1930 – A third sheet was added as a lean-to structure next to the original rink.
1946 – A four sheet rink was built
1955 – Artificial Ice plant added to rink. Shares to the Leduc Artificial Ice Club sold to raise the $26,500 funds required.
1964 – Rink raised 5 feet and two level viewing constructed with a new kitchen, bar, and bathrooms. Leduc Curling Club incorporated as a private recreation company under the Companies Act of Alberta. All assets of Leduc Artificial Ice Curling Association transferred to Leduc Curling Club ltd.
1979 – Major renovations to the lounge area.
1986 – New facility built on current location. State of the art 8 sheet facility – the envy of curlers throughout western Canada. Sod turning done April 5, 1986.
1987 – January 31 Grand Opening.
2009 – Leduc Recreation facility remodeled entire area in front of glass. New lounge facility and new hockey rinks replaced the lobby and entrance of curling club.